A Day in the Life of a Typical American White Collar Worker
Situation 2 Breakfast-1 早餐
James: Ah... The coffee smells great. Is that bagel ready? I'm starving. 这咖啡闻起来味道棒极了。百吉饼好了吗?我饿了
Catherine: It's ready just like it always is and just like I told you it would be. 已经象以前一样准备好了,正如我告诉你它好了一样。
James: What would I do without you? You're the best. (Takes a sip of coffee.) And this coffee is pretty good, too. 没有你我将怎么办?你是最好的。(喝了一小口咖啡。) 并且这个咖啡味道也很好
Catherine: We both know you just like me for my cooking. 我们都知道,你只不过喜欢我的厨艺。
James: That's not so. In fact, I'm the one who made dinner of the last two nights. 不是这样。实际上,我是为最后两个晚上做晚餐的人
Catherine: Oh yeah. I guess that means it's my turn tonight. 哦。我猜那意味着今天晚上轮到我了
James: Only if you want to. I don't mind cooking once a day, especially when the weather is nice and I can barbecue. 只要你愿意 我不介意一天做一次饭, 尤其是在天气很好的时候,我可以吃烧烤的野餐
Catherine: Okay, but let's get back to breakfast; can I get you anything else? 好的,先吃早餐吧;你还想一些别的什么吗?
James: A little more coffee would [will] be great, with a little more sugar in it this time, please. 再来一点咖啡最好了, 这次请多加一点糖
Catherine: Sure. Do you want another bagel or some fruit? 好的。你还想再要一些百吉饼或者水果吗?