A Day in the Life of a Typical American White Collar Worker
Situation 19 At the Office 在办公室
(When James arrives at the office his secretary is already there.) (当詹姆士到达办公室的时候他的秘书已经在那了。)
James: Good morning, Stacy. 早上好,
Stacy: Good morning, Mr. Goddard. Mr. Barnes asked to see as soon as you got in. 早上好,先生。
James: Did he say what it is about? 先生要你一来就去见他。
Stacy: No, but he said to ask you to come up to his office as soon as you arrive. I assume it's about the Wang account. 他有没有说什么? 没有,他只说要告诉你一到就去他的办公室。 我想是关于王氏生意。
James: I'm sure you are right. Thank you, Stacy. By the way, I brought some donuts. Feel free to help yourself. 我相信你是对的。谢谢你, 顺便说一下,我买了一些。觉得免费就随便吃一点吧。
Stacy: Mr. Goddard! You know I'm trying to watch my weight. 先生!你知道我正在注意我的体重。
James: I forgot. Anyway, why don't you put them out so everyone in the office can help themselves. 我忘了。不管怎样,? 你为什么不拿给办公室所有的人吃呢
Stacy: What's the special occasion? I don't recall you ever bringing donuts for everyone before. 有什么特别的事吗? 我想不起来你曾经给每个人带过
James: Let's just say that I'm in a good mood today. Well, I'd better get up to Mr. Barnes' office. Wish me luck. 那只能说我今天心情好。 好的,我得去生的办公室了。祝我好运吧。