纽约英语口语网新版
林肯英语 - 4
A Day in the Life of a College Student
Situation 13: Arriving at the Party-2

Mike: I did. Look, Miss... 我会的,瞧,小姐……

(The woman cuts Mike off.) (这个女人打断麦克。)

Woman: My name is not Miss, it's Barbara. 我不叫小姐,我叫芭柏乐。

Mike: I'm sorry, Barbara. If I could just go in there and talk to my friend Sarah, I'm sure she can straighten this out. 对不起,芭柏乐,如果我能进去 跟我的朋友萨勒说一下,我保证她可以解决。

Woman: I'm sorry, Not without an invitation. 对不起。没有请柬不行。

Mike: Yes, I understand. But to get our invitation I have to go in and talk to Sarah. 是的,我明白。 但我必须进去跟萨勒说才有请柬。

Woman: Well, okay, but only you, your friends will have to wait here until you all have invitations. 好吧。但是只有你能进去。 你的朋友得在这等着直到你们都拿到请柬。

Mike: That's fine, I'll be right back. (Mike goes in, finds Sarah and returns with three invitations.) Here you are, Barbara, three invitations, sorry to bother you. 那好。我会马上回来。 (麦克进去,找到萨勒,拿着三张请柬回来了。) 给你,芭柏乐, 三张请柬,很抱歉麻烦你。

Woman: No bother, I was just doing my job. 不麻烦,我只是做我的工作而已。