林肯英语 - 5 A Day in the Life of a Typical American Family with a Student
Situation 21 Talking to Older Brother-1 与哥哥谈话
(Sam and Robert finish using the internet and begin to talk.) (瑟姆和罗勃特结束使用网络后开始谈话.)
Robert: Sam, I really like this girl Michelle, what should I do? 瑟姆,我真的很喜欢米舍这个女孩. 我该怎么办?
Sam: Don't tell her you like her. If you tell the girl you like her, then she won't like you. And don't nice to her. If you too nice to her, then she won't like you either. 别告诉她你喜欢她. 如果你告诉一个女孩你喜欢她,那么她就不会喜欢你了. 不要对她太好了. 如果你对她太好,那么她也不会喜欢你.
Robert: But I like her, how could I be mean to her? 但是我喜欢她. 我该怎么向她表示呢?
Sam: You don't have to mean to her. Just don't be nice either. 你不需要向她表示, 也不要对她太好.
Robert: But if I'm not nice to her, she might like another boy. 但是如果我对她不好,她可能会爱上别的男孩.
Sam: You don't know anything about girls. She will like you even if you not always nice to her. 你对女孩一无所知. 就算你不是一直对她好她也会喜欢你的.
Robert: But I was going to buy her some flowers tomorrow. Should I not? 但是我打算明天给她买一些花. 我不应该吗?
Sam: No, that's fine. You should buy her flowers tomorrow, just don't buy her flowers every day. 不,可以. 你明天应该给她买一些花. 只是不要每天都给她买花.
Robert: Don't worry. I don't have enough money to buy her flowers everyday. 别担心. 我没有那么多的钱去每天给她买花.