Mr Jones: Why did you become a travel courier? 你为什么会当起导游来呢?
Jeff: Well, I like travelling, and it's an interesting job. 这个嘛……我喜欢旅行,而且这种工作又挺有意思的。
Mr Jones: That's true. 的确不错。
Jeff: Can I ask you a question? 我可不可以请教您一个问题?
Mr Jones: Certainly. 当然可以。
Jeff: Where did you buy that hat? 您这顶帽子是在哪里买的?
Mr Jones: In Scotland. I went skiing in Scotland ... two years ago. 苏格兰。我去苏格兰滑雪……嗯,两年前吧。
Jeff: Did you have a good time? 您是不是玩得很愉快?
Mr Jones: Not really. I broke my leg. 并不算愉快。我那次摔断了腿。
Jeff: You're joking. 真的吗?您不是在开玩笑吧?
Mr Jones: No, I'm not. I broke my leg on the first day. 真的,可不是在开玩笑。我在第一天就摔断了腿。
Mr Jones: So it was a short holiday. 因此整个假期就提前结束了。
Jeff: Yes ... 嗯,真不巧……
Mr Jones: I bought this hat, I broke my leg, and I came home. 我买了这顶帽子,跌断了腿,然后就回家休养了。
Jeff: Well, the hat is very ... colourful. 不过,这顶帽子的颜色倒是十分……鲜艳夺目。