纽约英语口语网新版
伯明翰英语口语
第 109 课:What are you reading, Anna? 安娜,你在看什么呢?

Angela: What are you reading, Anna? 安娜,你在看什么呢?

Anna: Oh ... it's a letter from my nephew. 喔……是一封我外甥写来的信。

Angela: Your nephew?你的外甥?

Anna: Yes. I've got one nephew and one niece. My sister's children. 是的。我有一个外甥和一个外甥女。都是我姐姐的小孩。

Anna: Listen to this:你听听,他这么写着:

Anna: "Dear Aunt Anna, I am sending you some jokes". “亲爱的安娜阿姨,我现在给你寄来几个笑话”。

Angela: Very nice.好极了。

Anna: "Number 1: Why are famous footballers like great violinists?" “第一个:有名的橄榄球好手和伟大的提琴手,有哪一点相象?”

Angela: I don't know. Why are famous footballers like great violinists? 我不知道。有名的橄榄球好手和伟大的提琴手,有哪一点相象?

Anna: "Because they are very good players." “因为他们都是一样很会打球或演奏的人”。

Angela: Why didn't I think of that? 怎么没想到呢?

Anna: "Number 2: Why do birds fly south in the winter?" “第二个:为什么鸟类在冬天 要往南飞?”

Angela: I don't know. Why do birds fly south in the winter? 我不知道。为什么鸟类在冬天要往南飞?

Anna: "Because it's too far to walk." “因为距离太远,走路走不到。”

Angela: Of course.说得也是。