纽约英语口语网新版
伯明翰英语口语
第 119 课:What does he look like? 他长得怎么样?

Mr Jones: I'd like you to meet Mr Brown. 我想介绍你认识一下布朗先生。

Anna: Hello, Mr Brown. Nice to - Where is he? 你好,布朗先生。很高兴━他在哪里?

Mr Jones: Sorry? ... Oh, I see. 你说什么?……噢,我明白了。

Mr Jones: No. I don't mean "I'd like you to meet Mr Brown". 你会错意了。我的意思不是“想介绍你认识一下布朗先生”。

Mr Jones: I mean "I'd like you to meet Mr Brown". 我的意思是“我想请你去接布朗先生”。

Anna: Sorry? 您的意思是?

Mr Jones: I'd like you to meet him at the airport. 我想让你去机场接他。

Anna: Oh, I see. Meet him at the airport. 噢,我懂了。去机场接他。

Mr Jones: Yes. Henry Brown. He's the boss of Pacific Tours... 对。亨利布朗。他是太平洋旅行社的老板……

Mr Jones: He arrives at 15.25, from Sydney. 他从悉尼来,下午三点二十五分到达机场。

Anna: "Mr Henry Brown. 15.25. Sydney." “亨利布朗先生。下午三点二十五分。悉尼。”

Anna: What does he look like? 他长得怎么样?

Mr Jones: What does he look like? 他长得怎么样?

Anna: Yes. Is he tall or short? 对。他长得高还是矮?

Mr Jones: Well, he's not very tall and he's not very short. 嗯,他既不很高也不很矮。

Anna: "Medium height." “中等身材。”

Mr Jones: Yes. 对。