纽约英语口语网新版
芝加哥英语口语
第 21 课:Talking About the Past and the Present 谈论过去和现在 - 1

Conversation : On a Farm在一家农场

MARTIN: I like your farm, Walter.沃尔特,我喜欢你的农场。

WALTER: Thanks. I like the farm, too. I lived in town for seven years.谢谢,我也喜欢农场。我在城里住了7年。

MARTIN: But you liked the farm?但你喜欢农场?

WALTER: Yes. My father was a farmer. I was a child. And then I was a student. I lived in the country for nineteen years.是的,我父亲是农民,我从童年到学生时代在乡下住了19年。

MARTIN: Did you work with your father?你那时和你父亲在一起干活吗?

WALTER: Of course. I worked in the morning, and I worked in the evening.当然,我在早上和晚上干活。

MARTIN: Did you go to school?你那时上学吗?

WALTER: Yes. I went to high school in town.是的,我在城里的中学上学。

WALTER: Some farmers don't like animals.有些农场主不喜欢动物。

MARTIN: You have cows?你养牛?

WALTER: That's right. I like sheep, too.对,我也喜欢羊。

MARTIN: Do you grow corn and beans?你种玉米和豆子吗?

WALTER: Yes. But I have cows and sheep. Do you like sheep?种,但我也养牛和羊,你喜欢羊吗?

MARTIN: I like animals. But I live in the city.我喜欢动物,但我住在城里(无法饲养动物)。

WALTER: Where is your home?你的家在哪儿?

MARTIN: I live in Baltimore.我住在巴尔的摩。