纽约英语口语网新版
芝加哥英语口语
第 21 课:Talking About the Past and the Present 谈论过去和现在 - 3

Conversation : On a Farm在一家农场

WALTER: Let's walk to the house. Do you want some coffee?我们往房子这边走,喝点咖啡吗?

MARTIN: Yes, please.好的,请。

WALTER: See the corn?看到玉米了吗?

MARTIN: Where?在哪里?

WALTER: Look to the south.向南面看。

MARTIN: Is that south? I see the corn.那是南面吗?我看到玉米了。

WALTER: Now look to the west.再往西面看。

MARTIN: I can see soybeans.我能看见黄豆。

WALTER: That's right. I grow corn and beans.对了,我种玉米和大豆。

MARTIN: Do you visit your mother and father?你去看你的父母吗?

WALTER: My wife and I visited my mother and father last year.我和妻子去年看过。

MARTIN: Did you visit your sister?你去看过你的妹妹吗?

WALTER: No, we didn't. She visited us here.没有,她来这儿看过我们。

MARTIN: Do you visit your brother?你去看过你的兄弟吗?

WALTER: No, he visited us, too. We had a family reunion.没有,也是他来看过我们。我们搞过家庭聚会。

WALTER: Please sit down, Martin. Rebecca! We're here! Martin, this is my wife, Rebecca. 请坐,马丁。丽贝卡,来客人了。马丁,这是我妻子,丽贝卡。

MARTIN: I'm happy to meet you.见到你很高兴。

REBECCA: Thank you. How are you?谢谢,你好吗?

MARTIN: Fine, thanks. I like your house.我很好,谢谢。我喜欢你们的房子。