纽约英语口语网新版
芝加哥英语口语
第 21 课:Talking About the Past and the Present 谈论过去和现在 - 4

Conversation : On a Farm在一家农场

REBECCA: The farm houses are old. Coffee?农场的房子旧了。来杯咖啡吗?

MARTIN: Please.好的,请来一杯。

REBECCA: Walter?沃尔特要吗?

WALTER: Yes, please.好的,请。

REBECCA: Did you see the farm?你看过我们的农场了吗?

MARTIN: Yes, I saw the cows and sheep.看过了,我看到了牛和羊。

WALTER: We walked to the river. We talked about the family reunion.我们步行去过河边,我们谈到了家庭聚会。

MARTIN: I'm writing about farm families.我正在写有关农民家庭的报导。

REBECCA: Did you visit the Kessler family reunion?你参加凯斯勒家的家庭聚会了吗?

MARTIN: Yes, I did. I visited some farms, too. May I ask some questions about your family?是的,我还参观了一些家场。我可以问一些有关你家庭的问题吗?

REBECCA: Ok. More coffee?可以,再来些咖啡?

MARTIN: No, thanks. Do you have brothers and sisters?不了,谢谢。你有兄弟姐妹吗?

REBECCA: I have two brothers.我有两个兄弟。

MARTIN: Are they farmers?他们都是农民吗?

REBECCA: One is a farmer.一个是农民。

MARTIN: Where does he live?他住在哪儿?

REBECCA: He lives north of here. He has two boys.他住在这儿的北面,他有两个男孩。

MARTIN: Two sons. No daughters?两个儿子,没有女儿吗?

REBECCA: That's right. They are very small. One son is four. One is two.是的,孩子都很小,一个4岁,一个两岁。

MARTIN: Where does your other brother live?你的另一个兄弟在哪儿住?

REBECCA: He lives in Chicago. He drives a truck.他住在芝加哥,他是开卡车的。