纽约英语口语网新版
德克萨斯英语口语
第 11 课:Well, how did it go? 怎么样,事情进行得如何?

Herbert: Well, you're so pretty. I thought you must have a boyfriend. 嗯,你这么漂亮。我以为你一定有男朋友。

Rose: My work is the most important thing in my life. 工作是我生活中最重要的事。

Herbert: I like my job, too. What do you do? 我也喜欢我的工作。你的职业是?

Rose: I teach piano. Most of my students are young kids. 我在教钢琴。我大多数的学生都是小孩子。

Herbert: I only like heavy metal. Loud music helps me think when I work. 我只喜欢重金属摇滚乐。工作的时候,大声的音乐可以帮助我思考。

Rose: Oh. 噢。

Herbert: Well, I guess I'd better go. Nice talking to you. Anyway, my name is Herbert. 嗯,我大概得走了。跟你说话很愉快。好吧,我的名字是赫伯特。

Rose: My name is Rose. Goodbye, Herbert. 我是柔丝。再见,赫伯特。

Don: Well, how did it go? 怎么样,事情进行得如何?

Herbert: Not very well. I put my foot in my mouth. 不太顺利。我说错话了。

Don: Did you get a date? 你约到她了吗?

Herbert: No. I almost forgot to tell her my name. I'm so embarrassed. 没有。我差点连名字都忘了告诉她。我好糗。

Don: It's not too late. You can call her tomorrow. 现在还来得及。你明天可以打电话给她。

Herbert: I didn't get her number. I know she didn't like me. 我没有她的电话。我知道她不喜欢我。

Don: Herb! Never leave a lady's table without her phone number! 赫伯特!没要到小姐的电话前不可以离座。

Herbert: Sorry. 对不起