纽约英语口语网新版
德克萨斯英语口语
第 13 课:This man was. 这个人就是。

Sue: Well, how did it go last night? 怎么样,昨天晚上怎么样?

Rose: It went OK. 还好。

Sue: What does that mean? Did you meet that young girl? 这是什么意思?你有没有见到那个小女孩?

Rose: No, she stood me up. And she didn't send me an e-mail to say why. 没有,她放我鸽子,而且也没有寄电子邮件告诉我怎么回事。

Sue: So did you go home? 所以你就回家了?

Rose: No. I stayed to have a drink. 没有。我留下来喝了一杯。

Sue: A drink? Do you mean an alcoholic drink? But Rose, you don't drink! 喝一杯?你是说喝酒吗?但是,柔丝,你不喝酒啊!

Rose: I didn't say I liked it. A man bought it for me. 我没说我喜欢喝啊。是一个男人请的。

Sue: You met a man! What is his name? 你还碰到一个男人!他叫什么名字?

Rose: His name is Herbert and he was just being polite. 他叫赫伯特,他只是客气罢了。

Sue: When a man buys a drink for you, he isn't just being polite. 当一个男人请你喝饮料,就绝对不只是客气而已。

Rose: This man was. 这个人就是。

Sue: But he wanted to talk to you, right? 但他想跟你聊聊,对吧?

Rose: Yes. But all he wanted to talk about was computers, baseball, and heavy metal. 是啦。但他只想谈谈电脑、棒球和重金属。

Sue: He was probably trying to make conversation. 他大概是想找话题。