纽约英语口语网新版
德克萨斯英语口语
第 19 课:We have a lot in common. 我们有许多共通点。

Rose: (at the door) Oh, hi Sue. Why are you so late? (站在门口)喔,嗨,苏。你怎么这么晚才来?

Sue: I had to run an errand. How was your first class with Herbert? 我得去办点事。你跟赫伯特的第一堂课上得如何?

Rose: Well, the class went quite well. 嗯,课上得还不错。

Sue: Tell me more. I noticed.. 继续,继续!我有注意到喔……

Rose: Noticed what? 注意到什么?

Sue: I noticed there was no music in your classroom. Why was it so quiet? 我注意到你的教室都没有音乐声,为什么那么安静?

Rose: Sue, it's none of your business! We talked the whole time. 苏,这不干你的事!我们一直在讲话。

Sue: All talking, no teaching. That's very interesting. Tell me more! 都在讲话,不上课。真有意思。再透漏多一点嘛。

Rose: ( embarrassed) Tell you more about what? (不好意思)要再跟你说什么?

Sue: About Herbert! You said he was boring. 赫伯特啊!你说过他很无趣的。

Rose: Yes, that's what I thought before. 是啊,我以前是这么觉得。

Sue: So, are you saying you kind of like him? 所以你是说,你现在有点喜欢他罗?

Rose: You blow everything out of proportion. 你真会小题大做。

Sue: So why is he all of a sudden not so boring? 那他为什么突然不无趣了?

Rose: We have a lot in common. 我们有许多共通点。

Sue: Since when? 从哪时候开始有共通点了?