纽约英语口语网新版
德克萨斯英语口语
第 27 课:What's situation? 什么情况?

Herbert: Wasn't sending her the music obvious enough? 我把音乐寄给她还不够明显吗?

Don: You have to be more aggressive than that. 你得再积极一些。

Herbert: Hey! I'm not as suave as you are. One wrong move, and it's over. 嘿!我不像你那么会献殷勤。我只要走错一步就玩完了。

Don: It's time for you to do something BIG. 你也该有些大动作了。

Herbert: And make a fool of myself? 然后让自己出洋相?

Don: You have to try. Isn't Rose worth it? 你得试试看。难道柔丝不值得你一试吗?

Herbert: It's not that she's not worth it, it's the situation. 不是她不值得,是现实的情况。

Don: What's situation? 什么情况?

Herbert: It has to do with my job. 这跟我的工作有关。

Don: You've lost your job? 你被炒鱿鱼了?

Herbert: No, just the opposite. 不是,恰好相反。

Don: You got a promotion? 你升官啦?

Herbert: Yes. But it's in Hsinchu...far, far away from Rose. 对。但我会被调去新竹……离柔丝好远好远。