纽约英语口语网新版
单身日记
第 18 课

Now that is Ko Panyi, which is the setting for a very famous Thai poem, 这就是邦宜岛 以泰国的一首著名诗歌而得名
which I think you'd like very much, Jones. 琼斯,我想你一定会喜欢的
It's all about a badly-behaved prince who finds true love with a beautiful, and as it happens, very slightly overweight princess. 诗中描写了一位脾气暴躁的王子 和他的略显发福的公主一起寻找真爱的故事
You're teasing me. - I never tease about poetry. - 你是在嘲笑我 - 我绝不拿诗歌开玩笑

Oh, Suvarnamali Why can you not see that I adore you?" “啊,苏梵娜玛丽,我对你的爱犹如火焰 为何你却视而不见?”
"Why do you avoid and scorn me?" “为何你对我避之不及,冷语冰言?”
"lf you cast me off and leave me “若你狠心离我而去”
How should I live another day?" “叫我何以渡过明天?”

And you thought all I knew of Thailand was pussies and ping-pong balls. 别以为我对泰国的了解 仅限于雏妓和乒乓球而已
You wouldn't sleep with him? - No, of course not. - 你不打算和他上床? - 当然不
Absolutely not. 绝对不会
But he is clever. 但是他确实很聪明
Yes? - And handsome. - 是么? - 也很英俊
He's also a dysfunctional, fucked-up, middle-aged, lost boy. 也是个性无能的,思路混乱的 感情麻木的中年男人
Well, no-one's perfect. 金无足赤嘛

I didn't realise you were busy. 原来你还有事…

He's young enough to be your grandson. - I know. Isn't that great? - 他当你的孙子都嫌太小 - 这我知道,所以才有趣啊
Come on, guys, I've got a very special treat lined up for lunch. 来吧,我刚知道一个绝佳的午餐地点 甚至需要排队
I'm getting rather fond of Jed, 我对杰德越来越有好感
and I must say he has a genuine interest in Thai cuisine. 而且必须承认 他对泰式美食的兴趣非常惊人
I wouldn't have thought omelette would be big in Thailand. 我没料到泰国的炒鸡蛋会这么大盘
Or mushrooms, for that matter. - [Jed] It's magic. - 还有蘑菇,或是别的什么? - 味道很棒

It is a magic mushroom omelette, isn't it? 一级棒的蘑菇炒鸡蛋,你说呢?
Well, that's awful. There is nothing funny in this at all. 别这样子 这有什么好笑的?
Although, thank God, 感谢上帝,虽然如此
the mushrooms don't actually seem to be working. 这蘑菇的味道还是不太正常

How are you feeling? - Completely embarrassed. - 感觉如何? - 完全失去方向
Don't be. You're charming on drugs. In future, just say yes. 别这样,你是吃错药了 然后就变得神志不清,只会点头
Do you know, I never really understood why you wanted to go out with me. 知道吗,我还是不明白 为什么你愿意和我一起出来
It seemed so unlikely. - Come on. For God's sake. - 很不合情理 - 别这么说
You're sexy. You make me laugh. 你很性感,也能让我大笑
At you, of course, not with you. 不是因为你幽默,而是因为你很好笑
And you were,... 而且…
... incidentally,... 不妨这样说…
...the best shag... 你给了我最完美的…
...I ever had. 性体验