纽约英语口语网新版
费城英语口语
第43课:Second Honeymoon 二度蜜月 ACT - 1

What's this for? 为什么要送我花?
Just because. How's the baby? 没有原因。孩子好吗?
Fast asleep. 正熟睡着呢。
I'm sorry I missed him. I had to work late. 很抱歉我错过了他醒着的时候。我必须工作到很晚。
What are the flowers for, Richard? 究竟为什么送花 ,Richard?
Five years of happiness. Happy anniversary. 为了五年的幸福。祝结婚周年快乐。
But our anniversary isn't until Saturday. 但是要到星期六才是我们结婚周年呀。
I couldn't wait. 我迫不及待啦。
Besides, we are not going to be here Saturday. 另外,我们星期六将不在这儿了。
We're not? 不在这儿?
Uh-uh. 嗯。
Where are we going to be? 我们会在哪儿?
If you had your choice of all the places in the world. 假如你可以选择世界上的任何地方。
where would you choose to spend our anniversary? 会选哪儿去度我们的结婚周年纪念日?
The Watermill Inn. Watermill Inn。
I loved that place when we went on our honeymoon. 当初我们度蜜月时我便很喜欢那个地方。
Perfect! You picked the right place. 棒极了,你选对了地方。
I don't understand. 我不懂你在讲什么。
You and I, Mrs. Stewart, Stewart太太 ,你和我,
are going to spend a second honeymoon at the Watermill Inn. 将到Watermill Inn欢度第二次蜜月。
Oh, Richard! That's wonderful, but-- 噢,Richard!那真是太好了,可是……
No buts. 不要说可是。
What about the baby? 那小宝宝怎么办?
Aren't we taking the baby on our honeymoon? 我们岂不是要带小宝宝一起去度蜜月? Absolutely not. 绝对不必。
The world's greatest grandmother, Mrs. Ellen Stewart, 世界上最伟大的祖母,Ellen Stewart太太,
has agreed to take care of him for the weekend. 同意在周末照顾他。
Richard, isn't that too much to ask of your mother? Richard,那是不是太麻烦你母亲啦?
Too much? She loves taking care of Max. 太麻烦?她喜欢照顾Max。
But ... I'll miss him. 但是……我会想他的。
Well, we'll phone every hour, 好了 ,我们每个小时都可以打电话,
and you can listen to him over the phone. 而且,你可以在电话中听到他的声音。
Come on, Mar. 得了,Mar。
It's time you and I had a romantic weekend alone together. 是我们俩单独在一起过一个浪漫周末的时候了。
We've earned it. What do you say? 我们有这样做的权利。 你觉得怎样?
It does sound tempting. 听起来很诱人。
You're right. We've earned it. 你说得对,我们有这样做的权利。
Great! I'll make a reservation right now. 太好了,我现在就订房间 。
Remember that wonderful little balcony 还记得那个美妙的小阳台
where we had our meals ... 我们用餐的地方……
with a view of the Hudson River? 可以看到Hudson河?
How could I forget? 我怎么会忘呢?

Hello. Is Mrs. Montefiore there? 喂,Montefiore太太在吗?
Ah. She's out. 啊。她出去了。
Yes. This is Richard Stewart. 是的。我是Richard Stewart。
My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the inn. 我太太和我在你们旅馆度的蜜月。
No, we didn't leave anything in the room. 不是,我们没有弄丢任何东西在房间 。
It's five years ago. 那是五年前了。
We'd like to make a reservation for this weekend. 我们想预订一个这个周末的房间。
Yes, a double room, please. What? 对,双人房间,麻烦你了。什么?
Are you sure? But ... OK. 你确定吗 ?但……算了。
Nothing available. 没有空房间了。
Wait! Don't hang up! 等等!别挂断电话!
Can you recommend someplace nice--someplace nearby? 你能给我们介绍一个好地方吗---一个附近的地方?
Uh--hold it. Old Country Inn? 嗯---等一等。Old Country Inn?
Right. And the phone number? 好的。电话是多少?
555-2420. Thank you. 555-2420。谢谢你。
He says there's another inn 他说还有另一家旅馆。
just half a mile down the road from the Watermill. 从Watermill往下走要半英里。
It won't be the same, but what do you say? 那就不一样了, 但你说呢?
Well ... 那……
My mom is available to baby-sit this weekend. 我妈妈在这个周末可以照顾小宝宝。
Well, OK. See if they have a room. 那,好吧 。看看他们是否还有房间。
Right! 好的!
Hello. Is this the Old Country Inn? 喂 ,是Old Country Inn吗?
Yes. This is Richard Stewart. 是的。我是Richard Stewart。
The desk clerk at the Watemill suggested your inn. Watemill Inn的职员推荐你们的旅馆。
Would you happen to have a room for two availbale 你们可有一个双人房间
this weekend? 这个周末?
Something really nice. 要很好的。
My wife and I are celebrating our fifth anniversary. 我太太和我要庆祝一下我们的结婚五周年纪念日。
Yes. I'll hold. He's checking. You do? 好,我会等。他正在查。真的有?
Great! What is the daily rate? 太棒了! 房间一天租金多少?
That's fine. Thank you. 很好。谢谢你。
Yes, we'll be arriving by car about ten o'clock Friday night. 是的,我们将于星期五晚上十点钟左右开车抵达。
Stewart. S-t-e-w-a-r-t. Thank you. Stewart。S-t-e-w-a-r-t。谢谢你。
Done! You and I, Mrs. Stewart. 办到了! Stewart太太,你和我
are going to have a wonderful, romantic weekend! 将度过一个美妙浪漫的周末!
Richard, that's the baby. Richard ,是小宝宝醒了。