纽约英语口语网新版
费城英语口语
第45课:Second Honeymoon 二度蜜月 ACT - 3

Welcome to the Watermill Inn. 欢迎你们来Watermill Inn。
Oh, Richard, 噢,Richard。
it's exactly as it was when we were married! 它跟我们结婚的时候一模一样!
And when I got married. 也跟我结婚时一样。
Even the old patchwork quilt is the same! 甚至这条旧的百衲被罩也是一样!
My great-grandmother made that quilt 我曾祖母缝了这个被罩
when Teddy Roosevelt was President. 在Teddy Roosevelt总统的时代。
In those days, when they made quilts. 那个时代,人们做被罩,
they cut patches 剪下布块
from the old clothing of every member in the family 从每位家庭成员的旧衣服
so that each one would be a part of it. 好让每个人都成为它的一部分。
What a lovely tradition! 多么可爱的传统!
Thank you for calling us. 谢谢你打电话给我们。
I remember you and your wife 我便一直记得你和你太太
from the first time you stayed with us. 自从你们第一次在我们这儿住。
We were very young. 我们那时很年轻。
And very much in love. 而且相爱至深。
We have a baby now. 我们现在有一个小宝宝了。
How wonderful! A boy or a girl? 太好了!男孩还是女孩?
A boy--Max. 男孩。叫Max。
Do you have a picture? 你们有他的照片吗?
Would a professional photographer be without a picture? 一位专业摄影师会没有照片?
Oh, he's adorable! 哦,他可爱极了!
And very bright. 而且非常聪明。
Like his father. A real Stewart. 像他爸爸一样。一个真正的Stewart家庭成员。
And very good-looking, like his mother. 也很漂亮,像他妈妈。
Well, it's nice to have you with us again. 噢 ,非常高兴你们又来了。
Next time, bring the baby. 下次把小宝宝一起带来。
You see, Richard? Max is welcome here. 你看到了吧,Richard? 他们这儿欢迎Max呢。
Not on our anniversary. 可不能在我们的结婚纪念日。
This vacation is for you and me. 这是我和你的假期。
If there's anything you need, please call me. 假如你们需要什么,请打电话给我。
I'll be in the front office all day. 我整天都在总办公室。
Oh, I took the liberty of ordering some breakfast for you. 噢,我冒昧给你们订了早餐。
Just put it over there, Charles. 就放在这儿吧,Charles。

Thank you, Charles. 谢谢你,Charles。
Compliments of the Watermill Inn. Watermill Inn请客。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Thank you so much. 太感谢了。
Now, this is my idea of a good time. 这才是我所谓的享受时光。
Let's see ... hotcakes and maple syrup, with scrambled eggs. 让我瞧瞧……烤饼和枫蜜,还有炒蛋。
Umm ... smell that coffee ... cinnamon and cloves. 呀……你闻一闻咖啡……一股肉桂和丁香的香味。
Homemade buttermilk biscuits. 自治的酸奶脆饼干。
Slices of orange with burnt honey. 上了焦蜜的桔子片。
Let's eat! 让我们享用吧!
First I want to call home 我得先打个电话回家
and check on your mother and the baby. 问问你母亲和孩子的情况。
Honey, if there were any problems, 亲爱的,假如有事的话,
she would call us. 她会打电话过来的。
She doesn't know we've changed hotels. 她不知道我们换了旅馆呀。
You're right. Of course. 说得也是。

Hello, operator. 喂 ,接线生。
I'd like to call Riverdale, New York. 请接New York的Riverdale。
This food is heavenly, isn't it? 这一顿太美好了,对吗?
This whole place is heavenly. 这整个地方都太美好了。

Do you remember that old desk? 还记得这张旧桌子吗?
Mrs. Montefiore told me that Montefiore太太告诉我
George Washington sat at that desk George Washington曾坐在那儿
and wrote to his wife Martha. 给他妻子Martha写信。
What do you want to do after breakfast? 早餐后想做什么?
Why don't we take a walk down to the river? 我们何不一路散步到河边去?
In the rain? 在雨中?
No. Look out the window. The sun is shining! 不。你看看窗外。太阳出来了!
Now this is my idea of a good time! 这才是我所谓的享受!