纽约英语口语网新版
哥伦布英语
第 65 课:My Uncle's Farm 我叔叔的农场

My Uncle Tom has a small farm. He has a lot of chickens. 我的汤姆叔叔有个小农场。他有很多小鸡。

Every summer, during the holidays, I go to his farm and help him. 每个夏天暑假的时候,我去他农场帮忙。

I feed the chickens and collect and clean the eggs. 我喂那些小鸡,拾捡鸡蛋,然后把它们擦干净。

Uncle Tom pays me something for my help. 对于我的帮助,汤姆叔叔付给我一点钱。

Twice a week we put the eggs in boxes and take them to town. 每星期两次,我们把鸡蛋放进盒子里拿到镇上。

There my uncle sells them. He gets quite a lot of money for them. 我叔叔在那里把它们卖掉。这样他挣了很多钱。

My uncle's hens are rather stupid and noisy, I think. 我觉得我叔叔的母鸡真是又蠢又吵。

They are very useful because they lay the eggs, but I don't like them very much.虽然它们下蛋,很有用,但是我一点也不喜欢它们。

I prefer the baby chickens and the cocks. 我更喜欢鸡宝宝和公鸡。

My uncle has some white ducks too. They live on a pond on his farm. There are
rows of trees all around the pond.我叔叔也有一些白色的鸭子。他们住在农场的池塘里。 池塘四周是一排排的树。

Every evening my uncle puts food under the trees, and the ducks come up out of the pond to eat it. 每天傍晚,叔叔把食物放在树下,鸭子就从池塘里出来吃食。