纽约英语口语网新版
惯用表达用语
第 179 课:Theft 扒窃

Hey, someone walked off with my pen! 嘿,是谁把我的笔给摸走了?

He brought home a baker's dozen of rolls. 他带回来一打有十三卷 的面包。

They're known to be pretty sticky- fingered. 他们是出了名手脚 不干净的人。

I nabbed this guy as he was making off with your purse. 这家伙正在偷你的钱包 时被我逮住。

That's hot money. 那是赃款。

He's light-fingered. 他不偷手痒难禁。

Buy none, get one free sale. 什么都不买,免费得一个的大廉卖。

He likes to put his hand inside your pocket. 他喜欢扒窃别人口袋里的东西。

2

Someone snatched my purse at the train station. 有人在火车站偷了我的皮包。

Fred was fired because the boss cau- ght him with his hand in the cookie jar. 福瑞德因偷窃被老板当场逮到而丢了差事。

A:I'd like to report a stolen car. 我想申报车子被偷。

B:Where did you lose it? 你在哪里丢的车子?

A:By 256 Grand Centra.l 在中央大道二百五十六号。

B:That's not under our jurisdiction. 那里不属于我们的管区。

A:Then who should I report it to? 那我该向谁报案呢?

B:Try Precinct 15. 试试第十五分局。

We found the loot in the thief's car. 我们在小偷的车子里找到赃物。