纽约英语口语网新版
惯用表达用语
第 67 课:Traffic Violations 交通违规

He was caught running a red light. 他闯红灯被警察拦下来开罚单。

A:Pull over! 把车靠边停下来!

B:What seems to be the problem, officer? 警官,什么事不对劲啦?

A:May I see your driver's license, vehicle registration and insurance I.D? 我可以看看你的护照、行车执照和保险卡吗?

B:Sure, but what's the matter? 当然可以,但到底是怎么回事嘛?

A:Our radar clocked you doing seventy miles per hour, and this is a fifty -five-mile-an-hour zone. 我们的雷达测到你开到70英里的时速, 而这里是55英里时速区。

B:That's impossible! There must be some kind of mistake. I couldn't have been going that fast. 这不可能,一定是弄错了;我不会开那么快。

A:Well, you can talk to the judge about that. 你有什么申诉去跟法官将好了。

A:Forget the ticket, will you? 不要开罚单行不行?

B:Okay, what's your excuse? 好, 你说你有什么借口?