纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 1 课: It always slips my mind. 我老是忘记。

Jennifer: I've got to get dad a Father's Day gift. 我得去买父亲节的礼物给老爸。

Billy: Thanks for reminding me. It always slips my mind. 谢谢你提醒我。我老是忘记。

Jennifer: This year I'm going to get him a gag gift. 今年我要送他个搞笑的礼物。

Billy: Cool! That's a great idea. What did you have in mind? 酷!好主意。你想送什么?

Jennifer: Well, we have a tradition in my family... 我们家族有个传统……

Billy: Don't tell me: socks. 别说是:袜子。

Jennifer: No, ties. And there's a tie store. Let's go! 不,是领带。那里有家领带店。走!

Billy: That is the most boring, typical gift in the world! 领带是世界上最乏味、最刻板的礼物!

Jennifer: I know. But this year I want to get him an interesting tie. Like this one. 我知道。但是今年我要送他一条有趣的领带。像这条。

Billy: That's not exactly a conversation piece. It's so plain. 这跟本没什么好谈的。这条那么朴素。

Jennifer: It's perfect! It's a Dilbert tie! 它很完美!这是条呆伯特领带!

Billy: The diagonal black and red stripes are really conservative though... 但黑色和红色相间的斜纹还真是保守……

Jennifer: But watch this...it bends upwards, just like Dilbert's tie. There's a wire inside. 可是你看好喔……这可以向前翘起来,就像是漫画里呆伯特的那条领带。里面有铁丝。

Billy: A fly-away tie! What a riot! 一条飞行领带!炫!