纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 13 课: About how much did you want to spend? 你的预算是多少?

Johnnie: I need some flowers for my girlfriend, Lily. 我要买些花给我女朋友莉莉。

Fredo: No problem. We have a three-for-one special on artificial carnations. 没问题。我们现在康乃馨人造花买一送二。

Johnnie: Carnations are not very elegant. Artificial flowers have no passion. 康乃馨不够优雅。人造花缺乏热情。

Fredo: About how much did you want to spend? 你的预算是多少?

Johnnie: Money is no object. 钱不是问题。

Fredo: Our most elegant, [under his breath] and most expensive flower is the golden lily. 本店最优雅(压低声音),也最昂贵的花就是黄金百合。

Johnnie: Now you're talking I'll take ten. 这才像话嘛。我要十朵。

Fredo: Do you want to add a tropical bird of paradise? They're really fashionable now. 你要加一朵热带天堂鸟吗?天堂鸟现在很时髦喔。

Johnnie: Of course. 当然好。

Fredo: And tie it to the others with this imported red silk? 然后用这进口的红丝带把它和其它的花绑起来?

Johnnie: Why, will it fly away? [laughs to himself] 为什么,怕它会飞走吗?(自己笑了起来)

Fredo: Uh, yeah. You don't mind if I box them? 嗯,是啊。你不介意我用盒子装吧?

Johnnie: Better not. They may bruise. 最好不要。可能会压坏。

Fredo: That's true. Could you hold on a moment, please? I need to answer the phone. 这倒是真的。请稍等一下,好吗?我得接个电话。