纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 19 课: I’m practicing self-control. 我正在练习自制的工夫。

Billy: Hi, Jen! Got any grub? 嗨,阿花!有什么可以填肚子的吗?

Jennifer: I knew you just came over to raid my fridge. 我就知道你是来搜刮我家冰箱的。

Billy: [Opening the fridge door] What? This label says "Keep your hands off, Billy!" (打开冰箱门)什么?这个标签说︰‘不准动手,比利!’

Jennifer: That's the pizza. It's MINE! 那是比萨。它是我的!

Billy: And this cheese says, "Only one slice per day." 那这起司上又写︰‘每日限量一片。’

Jennifer: I’m practicing self-control. 我正在练习自制的工夫。

Billy: The milk says, "Three more days to live"... 而牛奶上写︰‘还剩三天的寿命’……

Jennifer: I hate sour milk. 我讨厌酸掉的牛奶。

Billy: Oh! Finally--Help yourself, Billy!--Yuck! Olives! 喔!总算看到了——‘请自由取用,比利!’——呸!是橄榄!

Jennifer: Hey! They're imported. 嘿!它们可都是进口的。

Billy: Did you make all these stickers? 这些贴纸难道都是你的杰作吗?

Jennifer: Yep. With this little sticker-label machine. Looks like a mini typewriter, huh? 是啊。靠这小小的标签贴纸机弄的。看起来像一台迷你打字机吧?

Billy: I should have known there’d be a cat involved... 我早该料到这只猫会参一脚……

Jennifer: It prints labels in Chinese and Japanese, too. And up to 99 labels at a time!这台机器也可以打印中文和日文喔。而且一次最多可连印九十九张标签纸呢!