纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 21 课: It wouldn't be polite. 这样不礼貌。

Sean: I know, I know. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with the family of the living dead. 我知道,我知道。在此同时,我却跟一家子活死人耗着。

Ethan: C'mon! It can't be that bad. The program brochure said the family... 少来了!哪有这么糟。课程简介上说那家庭……

Sean: The brochure lied. They do nothing but sit like zombies in front of the TV. 简介在胡扯。他们除了像殭尸般坐在电视前之外什么都不做。

Ethan: But you're immersed in a 100-percent English environment! You must be learning so much! 可是你沉浸在百分之百的英文环境里!你一定学了很多!

Sean: I'm getting pretty good at finding the remote control and passing the potato chips. 我越来越会找遥控器和递洋芋片了。

Ethan: Can't you just go out by yourself? 你不能自己外出吗?

Sean: It wouldn't be polite. 这样不礼貌。

Ethan: Well, at least you're learning about American culture. 嗯,至少你学到了美国文化。

Sean: You wouldn't by any chance consider switching with me, would you? 你不会想要跟我交换吧,会不会?

Ethan: Hmm...I don't know. Actually, I have to run now. I'm going Boogie board surfing with Rena, my Russian friend. 嗯……我不知道。事实上,我现在得走了。我要和我的俄罗斯朋友蕾娜去冲浪。

Sean: Lucky you. For me, it's back to the tomb. 真幸运。而我,现在要回坟墓了。

Ethan: How did you on the test today? 你今天考得如何?

Sean: Perfect score. Not surprising, since all I do is study. 满分。这一点也不意外,我能做的只有读书。

Ethan: How about this afternoon? 今天下午有何打算?

Sean: Mrs. Tyler asked me to do some shopping for her. A good cultural experience, she says. I have the list right here. 泰勒太太要我帮她买些东西。她说是很好的文化经验。我这里有张清单。

Ethan: What's on it? 上头有些什么?

Sean: Four frozen pizzas, half a dozen packs of hot dogs, and a 36-roll pack of toilet paper. 四块冷冻披萨、六包的热狗,还有三十六卷装的卫生纸。