纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 3 课: I'm a little nervous. 我有点紧张。

Billy: I'm a little nervous. 我有点紧张。

Jennifer: Don't worry. You'll be fine. First of all, put on your seat belt. Adjust the mirrors. 别担心。没事的。先系上安全带。调整后照镜。

Billy: You don't think I'll need the seat belt, do you? 你不认为我会用到安全带吧?

Jennifer: Of course not. But it's a good habit to put it on every time you drive. 当然不。不过一上车就系上安全带是个好习惯。

Billy: Just in case, right? 只怕万一,对吧?

Jennifer: Right. Hold the steering wheel with your hands at ten o'clock and two o'clock. 对。把手握在方向盘的十点及两点钟方向。

Billy: This is exciting! Thank you so much! 这真刺激!多谢了!

Jennifer: My pleasure. Release the parking brake, and we're almost ready to go. 我的荣幸。把手煞车放掉,我们就要可以准备出发了。

Billy: Boy oh, boy! This is so cool. Let's rock and roll! 怪怪!酷毙了。我们出发吧!

Jennifer: OK. Relax. This car is an automatic, so you don't have to worry about a clutch. 好。放松。这辆是自排车,所以你不必顾虑排档杆。

Billy: Which one of these is the gas pedal? 哪个是油门踏板?

Jennifer: Gas on the right, brake on the left. 油门在右边,煞车在左边。

Billy: Should I go now? 我现在可以了吗?

Jennifer: Nice and easy. Just give it a little gas. 轻松点慢慢来。只要加一点点油门。

Billy: Nothing is happening! [sound of motor revving] 没反应啊!(引擎空转声)

Jennifer: First you have to put the car into gear. Move this shifter so the arrow points at "D" for drive. 你要先把车子排进档。移动排档杆,让箭头指向D,意思是前进档。

Billy: What do these other letters mean? 那这些其它的字母是啥意思啊?

Jennifer: "R" is for reverse, "P" is for park, and D1 and D2 are lower gears for going through snow, or up a steep hill. R是指倒檔。P是停车档。D1和D2是在雪地里或是陡坡用的低速档。