金巴利英语口语第 30 课: How long does it take? 需要多久的时间? Jennifer: But aren't they expensive? 但是它们不都很贵吗?
Billy: Well, considering how much you spend on your clothes and cosmetics... 嗯,想想看你花在衣服跟化妆品上的钱有多少……
Jennifer: OK, OK. I get the picture. 好,好。我了解了。
Billy: You just go in for a measurment. They'll measure your coat length, waist, back width, breast, sleeve inseam... 你只要走进店里量量。他们会量你的身长、腰围、肩宽、胸围、袖长……
Jennifer: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So what about the fabric? 是,是,是。那布料呢?
Billy: You choose. I prefer wool and silk myself. But for shirts, always go with
cotton. 你选。我个人喜欢羊毛跟丝。但至于衬衫,非纯棉莫属。
Jennifer: How long does it take? 需要多久的时间?
Billy: I had five suits, nine shirts and two pairs of shorts made in one week. 我做了五套西装、九件衬衫和两条短裤,花了一个星期。
Jennifer: Wow! But why do you need so many clothes? 喔!但是你需要那么多衣服干嘛?
Billy: Cool guys have big wardrobes. 酷哥行头多。
Jennifer: Face it. The truth is that you're too lazy to wash your clothes every week... 承认吧。事实是你太懒不想每周都洗衣服……
Billy: Oh, my God! [laughing] You look ridiculous! What are you, a construction worker? 噢,我的天啊!(笑)你看起来真滑稽!你以为你是建筑工人吗?
Jennifer: Don't laugh at me! I'm protecting myself. 别取笑我!我在保护自己。
Billy: Against what? Falling debris? 为了什么?落石吗?
Jennifer: I had a nightmare that I went deaf! And so I went to the doctor for a checkup. 我作了个我聋了的恶梦!所以我去看医生检查了一下。
Billy: And has your hearing deteriorated? 你的听觉退化了吗?