纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 32 课: How long has it been parked here? 车子在这里停了多久?

Akibo: Maybe, but at least it'll get me home. Unlike some used cars... 或许,但至少车子还能开到家。不像有些二手车……

Lisa: True. But if you're careful, you can usually avoid the lemons. Buying used,
you'll save a lot. 的确。不过你若是小心,通常能避免买到柠檬车。买二手车,你可以省下很多钱。

Akibo: But when it comes to cars, I don't know how to tell a lemon from a diamond. 可是说到车子,我不知道怎么分辨柠檬车和钻石车。

Lisa: I'll help you. Besides, I need to start looking for a car, too. Remember? 我会帮你。而且我也得要开始去找新车了。记得吗?

Akibo: I know, I know. Don't think I've forgotten about your transmission. I know I owe you. 我知道,我知道。别以为我忘了你的变速箱。我知道我欠你人情。

Akibo: How about this? It's a '93 Toyota with 70,000 miles. Only 3,500 dollars. 这辆如何?九三年的丰田车,跑了七万英里。只要三千五百美元。

Lisa: That sounds promising. A Toyota with only 70K has a lot of life left. 听来有搞头。跑七万的丰田车还有得开。

Akibo: What's "OBO"? Does the car have a bad smell? 什么是OBO?那辆车会臭?

Lisa: That means "or best offer." They might sell for less than 3,500 dollars. 那是指‘比价就卖’。可能不用三千五就买得到。

Akibo: I bet I can talk him down. I'm crafty. 我赌能让他招架不住。我可滑头的。

Lisa: Let's go take a look. Just let me do the talking. 我们过去看看。让我来说就好。

Ralph: Name's Ralph. You're really lucky I haven't sold her already. 我叫罗夫。你们真幸运,我还没把车卖掉。

Lisa: Have others been interested? 有其它人有兴趣吗?

Ralph: Phone's been ringing all day. You're the first to come, though. 电话响了一整天。但你们是第一个过来的。

Lisa: How long has it been parked here? 车子在这里停了多久?

Ralph: If you're looking for oil drips, there aren't any. 你要是在找漏油的话,可找不着。

Lisa: Were there any previous owners? 在你之前还有任何车主吗?

Ralph: Just me. And she's never been in an accident. 只有我。而且这辆车没出过车祸