纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 34 课: Let me examine your scalp. 我先来检查你的头皮。

Doctor: What can I do for you today? 今天你哪里不舒服?

Patty: I think I have a rare and fatal disease... 我觉得我得了一种罕见又致命的怪病……

Doctor: Oh, really? How so? 喔,真的吗?怎么说?

Patty: Well, my stomach hurts all the time, and my urine is greenish-yellow! 呃,我的胃一直在痛,而且小便也是黄绿色的!

Doctor: Have you been eating anything out of the ordinary lately? 最近你有吃什么平常不吃的东西吗?

Patty: No. And my hair is falling out. I think I'm going bald! 没有。而且我一直在掉头发。我觉得快秃头了!

Doctor: Let me examine your scalp. 我先来检查你的头皮。

Patty: Be careful! 小心点!

Doctor: It looks fine. 看起来还好。

Patty: It can't be fine. Something is definitely wrong. 怎么可能还好。绝对有哪里不对劲。

Doctor: If it makes you feel any better, we'll do some blood tests. 我们可以验血,如果那会让你觉得好过一些。

Patty: To test what? How much will that cost? 验什么?要花多少钱?

Doctor: Your insurance will cover it. Sometimes hair loss can be related to a thyroid gland problem. 你的保险会给付的。有时候掉头发会跟甲状腺疾病有关。

Patty: Oh, my god! That must be it! It runs in the family! 喔,天啊!一定是那个!这是家族遗传!