纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 40 课: Let me see that. 让我看看。

Jennifer: It's so exciting watching them cook right in front of us! 看他们在我们前面烹煮真是刺激!

Billy: It's like having our own personal chef. 就像是我们专属的私人厨师一样。

Jennifer: And all the ingredients are fresh... 而且所有的材料都很新鲜……

Billy: But the best part is how the steam comes off the grill and fills the air with all those mouth-watering aromas... 但最棒的是铁盘蒸腾的热气,让空气充满着令人垂涎的香气……

Jennifer: Look! My veggies are up! Ouch! 看!我的青菜来了!哎哟!

Billy: Jen! You're not supposed to touch the grill! The chef will push your portion over. 阿花!你不该去碰那铁板!厨师会把你那份推过来。

Jennifer: I'm new at this, OK? Well...here we go. First bite! Mmmmm. 我第一次来,好吗?嗯……开动了。第一口!嗯……。

Billy: The black pepper sauce is awesome, eh? 黑胡椒酱真棒,不是吗?

Jennifer: Oh, yeah. And this garlic sauce is amazing. I can't get enough! 喔,对啊。而这个大蒜酱也超强的。不够我吃啊!

Billy: Hey! Take it easy on the garlic sauce, or I'm not talking to you for a couple of days... 嘿!大蒜酱请手下留情,不然我会跟你冷战好一阵子……

Jennifer: Where are you going with that stick in your hand? 你拿着那根棍子想去哪里?

Billy: To the pool hall. And it's not a "stick." 去撞球场。而且它不是一根‘棍子’。

Jennifer: Yeah. What is it? A spear? You're going to fish for our dinner? 是喔。那它是什么?一根鱼叉?你要为了我们的晚餐去捕鱼吗?

Billy: Very primitive thinking, Jen. 只有你想得出来,阿花。

Jennifer: Let me see that. 让我看看。

Billy: It's my new pool stick, or "cue" if you know pool. It's beautiful, isn't it? 这是我的新撞球棍,也叫‘球杆’,如果 你懂撞球的话。它很美,不是吗?