纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 44 课: I've made up my mind.我决定了。

Elaine: I've made up my mind...I'll take one of every brand! 我决定了……我每个牌子都带一件。

Cheech: Now you're talking! You're make a runway model jealous with all these new threads. 这才像话嘛!穿着这些新衣服,就连走秀的模特儿都会嫉妒你呢。

Elaine: 400 bucks for four jackets─anyone can afford that! 四件夹克四百元──谁都买得起!

Cheech: Ahh, umm. Sorry, miss, but the total is over 4,000NT. 啊,嗯。小姐,抱歉,可是总价是四千多。

Elaine: But your advertisement says "Jackets 100NT!" 但你的广告是写‘夹克一百元’啊!

Cheech: Right. Jackets 100NT..."chi." 是的。夹克一百元……‘起’。

Elaine: Chi?" ‘起’?

Cheech: That means "and up." See that little character? 就是‘以上’的意思。看到那小字了吗?

Elaine: What? The print is so small─I can't even see it. That's false advertising! 什么?印得这么小──我根本看不到。这是骗人的广告嘛!

Cheech: OK. Allow me to show you our 100NT jackets then. Ta-daaa! 好吧!那我就秀给你看我们一百元的夹克! 你看!

Elaine: Ughh! I wouldn't be caught dead in those things! Can't you give me a special price for mine? 恶!我死也不穿这些东西!难道不能给我特价吗?

Cheech: Well, the LV jacket is 800NT, the CK is 900NT, and the Prada and DKNY jackets are both 1,200NT. 呃,这件LV夹克八百块,这件CK的九百,而这两件Prada和DKNY的都是一千二。

Elaine: I can't afford all that! I'll have to just get one then. 我买不起全部!那我先买一件好了。

Cheech: OK. I'll tell you what...if you buy two jackets, I'll shave off 100NT from the total. 好啦。这样吧……如果你买两件夹克,我总价再便宜你一百。