纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 5 课: Would you like those with yogurt? 你们要加优格吗?

Todd: Hi, could we have two orange juice smoothies? 嗨,给我们两杯柳丁汁冻饮好吗?

Waitress: Would you like those with yogurt? 你们要加优格吗?

Todd: Sure, why not? 当然,有何不可?

Waitress: What else would you like to add? We highly recommend caterpillar fungus.你们还想再加些什么?我们强力推荐冬虫夏草。

Todd: Caterpillar fungus?! What the heck is that? 冬虫夏草?!那是啥鬼东西啊?

Waitress: It’s a special kind of Chinese herb. It’s good for you! 那是一种特别的中国草药。对身体可好的!

Todd: Here’s your smoothie, Steve. It’s got caterpillar fungus in it. 这是你的冻饮,史提。里头有冬虫夏草。

Steve: Hey! That’s great stuff! It’s what the Chinese women distance runners use to improve their endurance. 嘿!那是好东西。中国的长跑女将都是用这个来增强耐力的。

Todd: If it worked for them, I’ll try it. They really kicked butt in the last Olympics. 若这对她们有效,我就来试试。她们在上一届奥运真的是横扫千军。

Steve: Wang Junxia was the 5,000-meter champion and was second in the 10,000. 王军霞是五千公尺长跑冠军,一万公尺也得了第二。

Todd: Did you hear how she trains? 你有听说过她是怎么训练的吗?

Steve: I know she runs over 120 miles a week. 我知道她一星期要跑超过一百二十英里。

Todd: Sometimes her coach ties her to the back of a car and she has to try and keep up. 有时候她的教练会把她绑在车子后面,她得设法跟上车子。

Steve: But is winning a gold medal really worth all that? 但是为了拿个金牌,这一切值得吗?

Todd: No pain, no gain, Steve. I’m feeling a little stiff. Why don’t we get a massage? 天下没有不劳而获的事,史提。我感觉有些僵硬。我们不如去按摩吧?