纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 54 课: Let's go inside. 我们进去吧。

Trev: It's great to be in the Big Apple. 来到大苹果真好。

Paul: I prefer to call this town the Big Bagel. 我比较喜欢叫这个城市大贝果。

Trev: Speaking of bagels, I've never had one hard enough for my taste. 说到贝果,我还没吃过硬到合我胃口的。

Paul: Well, maybe it's time for you to try the world's best. 好,也许现在是尝尝世界之最的时候了。

Trev: Why are New York bagels so famous? 为什么纽约的贝果如此有名?

Paul: There's only one way to find out, right? 只有一个方法可以知道,对吧?

Trev: I think I see a bagel shop up ahead. Let's go inside. 我想我看到前面有一家贝果店。我们进去吧。

Wei: Did you know that Uygur people in western China have bagels? 你知道中国西部的维吾尔族有贝果吗?

Paul: I thought bagels came from Eastern European Jews. 我以为贝果是来自东欧犹太人。

Wei: Maybe they invented them separately. 也许他们各自发明了贝果。

Paul: Do the, uhhh, Uygurs, boil their dough before baking it? 那,呃,维吾尔族在烤贝果前会先把面团煮过吗?

Wei: I'm not sure how they make them, but they have the same shape. 我不确定他们是怎么做的,但两种贝果的形状都一样。

Paul: Don't tell me they have lox and cream cheese in China, too. 别告诉我中国也有熏鲑鱼及奶油起司。

Wei: No, more like tomatoes and sheep's milk. 没有啦,是西红柿和羊奶之类的东西。