纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 57 课: Does she know where he is? 她知道他在哪吗?

Jim: Geez! Have some sympathy for the guy! 天啊!你也可怜可怜那家伙吧!

Ivy: I can't date a guy who continually invests money he doesn't even have! It's crazy! 我无法跟一个不断用不属于自己的钱做投资的人约会!简直疯了!

Jim: Come on...he's still a good guy. 拜托……他还算是个好人。

Ivy: All I ever heard was him worrying, crying, talking about money, money, money, all the time! 我老听到他在提心吊胆、大呼小叫、开口闭口钱钱钱,随时都这样!

Jim: Aren't you concerned he may be in trouble? 你难道不担心他会有麻烦?

Ivy: Not at all! Call me sadistic if you want. 才不呢!你说我残酷我也认了。

Jim: Guess what, Gustavo? Ivy and Will broke up. 小古,你猜怎么了?艾薇跟威尔分手了。

Gustavo: Does she know where he is? 她知道他在哪吗?

Jim: It sounds like she never wants to hear his name again, that wench! 听起来她好像再也不想听到他的名字,那个烂女人!

Gustavo: I thought they were in love! 我还以为他们很恩爱呢!

Jim: I think she loved his promises of the easy life. Maybe Will's too ashamed now to contact us. 我看她是喜欢他承诺的轻松优渥生活。也许威尔现在没有脸跟我们联络。

Gustavo: Let's keep trying his other friends to try to track him down. 我们就再试试其它朋友来找他。