纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 67 课: What are you doing, brat? 小家伙,你在干嘛啊?

Sarah: Let me watch Buffy! 让我看《魔法奇兵》!

Mom: No, dear. I'm watching Sex and the City. 不行,亲爱的。我在看《欲望城市》。

Sarah: Mom, you said that show was too obscene. 妈,你说过那个节目很色情。

Mom: For you, but I can watch it. So go do your homework. 那是对你而言,但是我可以看。所以去写你的功课。

Sarah: It's finished...and Tommy and his friends are hogging the TV in the game room. 写完了……而汤米和他的朋友霸占了游戏间的电视。

Mom: You can have the TV when I'm finished. Angel is on. You like that. 我看完就换你看。《暗夜天使》那时候开始。你喜欢那节目。

Sarah: How can I go to school tomorrow if I don't watch Buffy, Mom! 如果没有看《魔法奇兵》,我明天要怎么上学啊,妈!

Kevin: What are you doing, brat? 小家伙,你在干嘛啊?

Sarah: Watching the spoilers online for Buffy and waiting for mom to get off the couch. 在网络上看《魔法奇兵》外泄的剧情啊,还有等妈从沙发上离开。

Kevin: TV blues? Tell me about it. Hey, let me use your computer to see the spoiler for the next Survivor show... 电视忧郁症吗?我跟你同病相怜。嘿,让我用你的计算机看下一集《我要活下去》外泄的剧情……

Sarah: No...I need to find out what's happening to Buffy now. 不要……我要查出目前《魔法奇兵》在演什么。

Kevin: Geez, you watch it on TV, watch it on the Net, talk about it online, subscribe to the magazine--you're ill! 天哪,你在电视上看、在网络上看、又在在线讨论、还订它的杂志——你有病啊!

Sarah: Well, I'm not ill enough to torture myself in some desert and fight with people just for money. 呃,我还没病到为了钱,在沙漠里折磨自己,跟人斗来斗去。

Kevin: Hey! I learned a lot about psychology from that show! 嘿!我从那节目学到很多心理学的东西!

Sarah: Well, fine. You know how to survive. And I'm a part of Buffy pop culture. So? 那好吧。那你就该知道怎么活下去了。而我则是《魔法奇兵》流行文化的一份子。那又怎样?

Kevin: At least you're not dressing up like a Star Trek geek. Did you see Tommy? 至少你不会穿得像一个《星舰迷航记》的怪胎。你有看到汤米吗?

Sarah: I know. He's a major sci-fi geek. 我知道。他是一个没药救的科幻怪胎。

Kevin: [It becomes dark] Oh! The lights! Did you hear that? Mom's screaming! (一片漆黑)喔!灯怎么了!你听到了吗?妈在尖叫!