纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 71 课: I guess it couldn't hurt. 我想谈一谈不会有损失吧

Lucy: You should talk to my guy. I'll give you his card. 你应该跟我的业务员谈谈。我会给你他的名片。

Fiona: But, do we need more insurance?! We pay so much now already. 我们还需要更多保险吗?!我们现在已经付那么多钱了。

Lucy: This guy is top-notch. He'll answer your questions and make sure your coverage is good. 这家伙可是最顶尖的。他会解答你的疑问,确保你的保险项目够完善。

Fiona: I'm just afraid I'll be wasting his time. 我怕我是在浪费他的时间。

Lucy: Don't worry. There's no obligation to buy. Maybe he can lower your annual costs. 别担心。没义务一定要买。也许他可以降低你每年的保费支出喔。

Fiona: I guess it couldn't hurt. 我想谈一谈不会有损失吧。

Rob: Hello, Mrs. Jin, I'm Rob Lewis. How can I assist you today? 嗨,金太太,我叫罗伯刘易斯。今天我可以帮你什么忙?

Fiona: Well, I think I'm paying too much for insurance. Lucy recommended you to me. 呃,我想我付太多保险费了。阿露跟我推荐你。

Rob: Certainly. Let me take a look at your current policies. 没问题。让我看看你目前的保险组合。

Fiona: Mine is from a college classmate who became an insurance salesman. I'm not sure about Hank's. 我的保险是向一位当保险业务员的大学同学买的。汉克的部分我就不太清楚了。

Rob: [Looks at policies] I see. I'm afraid your husband is only minimally covered here. (看着保险单)我了解了。恐怕你先生在这份保险里涵盖的范围极少。

Fiona: What? But we pay so much... 什、什么?但是我们付了那多钱……