纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 72 课: Can I just drop it? 那我可以取消吗?

Rob: That's mainly for you...everything's covered, plus you have endowment insurance. 那些大部分是你的……所有项目都保了,此外,你还有个储蓄险。

Fiona: I don't even know why I have insurance. I just got it because everyone else has it. 我根本搞不清楚我要保险做啥。我买保险,只是因为大家都买了。

Rob: You're mostly paying that endowment insurance. It's over a hundred thousand a year. 你几乎都是在付储蓄险的钱。这费用一年超过十万元。

Fiona: A hund...can I just drop it? 十万……那我可以取消吗?

Rob: You could, but after three more years of payments, you can get money back. 可以,不过只要再缴三年,你就可以领钱回来了。

Fiona: I can get money back!? All of it? 我可以把钱拿回来!?全部吗?

Rob: Yes, plus some. If you cancel, you'll get less back. And starting a new one now would be more expensive because of the interest rates. 是的,还会比本金多一点。如果你取消,领回的钱会比较少。而且因为利率的关系,现在买新的储蓄险会较贵。

Fiona: [To self] I'm going to get money back! Shopping time! (对自己)我就快拿回钱了!购物时间!

Rob: Your husband is a different story. He only has a basic health policy. What's your family's total yearly income? 你先生的情形就不一样了。他只有基本的医疗保险项目。你们家的年收入多少?

Fiona: My husband's the primary income earner. He earns about a million a year. 我先生是主要的经济来源。他一年约赚一百万。

Rob: I suggest you drop your old health policies and start over with us. 我建议你取消旧的医疗保单,换跟我们签一分新合约。

Fiona: What's different about your insurance? 你们的保险有啥不同?