纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 73 课: How grotesque! 真恐怖!

Rob: Young married couples need a general life policy that covers health and accidents. 年轻夫妻需要的是一般寿险,包括医疗及意外险。

Fiona: And that endowment thing? 那储蓄险呢?

Rob: It's normally not the first thing you buy, but since you have it...keep it until it matures. 那通常不是优先购买的项目,不过既然你买了……就继续留到期满吧。

Fiona: So health covers surgeries, treatment costs... 所以医疗险是包括手术费,医疗费……

Rob: ...and more. And accident is for travel and accidental death and dismemberment. ……还有很多。而意外险是包括旅游、意外身故及残废。

Fiona: How grotesque! 真恐怖!

Rob: Perhaps, but it'll give you peace of mind. Do either of you smoke? 也许是,但保险能让人感到心安。你们其中有人抽烟吗?

Fiona: No, why? 没有,为什么这样问?

Rob: That's one of the things that raises your insurance rates. 那是会提高保险费率的因素之一。

Fiona: So, if we do this, will our annual costs be lower? 那么,如果我们签了新合约,每年的费用会降低吗?

Rob: I'm afraid they will be more, but you will both be covered well. 恐怕会提高一些,不过你们两个人都会有完整的保障。

Fiona: Can we change our payment plan, say to monthly or biannually? 我们能不能改变付费方式,例如改成月付或半年付一次?

Rob: Certainly. Mrs. Jin. Since your husband is the sole breadwinner, I suggest he pay a little more for more life coverage. 当然可以。金太太,既然你先生是家庭唯一的经济支柱,我建议他可以买高一点的寿险保额。

Fiona: I'm not so sure... 我不太确定是否需要……

Rob: You said you don't work. What if something happened to him? 你说你没上班。如果他出了意外怎么办?