纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 74 课: Honeykins, I'm home! 亲爱的,我回来了!

Fiona: Honeykins, I'm home! 亲爱的,我回来了!

Hank: Fi, are you OK? You didn't buy anything. 费儿,你还好吧?你没买任何东西耶。

Fiona: Oh, but I'm afraid I did, love. I hope you won't be too upset. 喔,恐怕我还是有买,老公。希望你别不高兴。

Hank: What do you mean? 什么意思?

Fiona: I got us life insurance from Lucy's agent, Rob. 我向阿露的保险员,罗伯,买了我们的人寿保险。

Hank: You're on a first-name basis with him? Those guys just want your money! 你已经跟他那么熟啦?那些家伙只想要你的钱!

Fiona: Not Rob. He's very professional. I went to see if he could SAVE us money. 罗伯不是那样的。他非常专业。我去找他,是想看看能不能帮我们省点钱。

Hank: And I bet he recommended some new package he had. 然后我猜他推荐了某个新的方案。

Fiona: [Annoyed] No, he didn't. He said you barely have any coverage at all. (不太高兴)不,他没有。他说你几乎没有什么保险。

Hank: I have enough. I won't give all my hard-earned cash to those thieves. 我的保险已经足够了。我才不会把我全部的血汗钱送给那些贼。

Fiona: But, if something happened, and you had to stay in the hospital for a while, we'd be in big trouble. 但是,如果你发生意外,需要住院一阵子,我们就惨了。

Hank: I see his scare tactics worked on you. 我看他的恐吓策略对你的确有效。