纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 75 课: My timing is just right! 我来得正是时候!

Fiona: [Upset] I bought health insurance just for you today, and you're angry at me? (沮丧)我今天只有为你买医疗险,你却对我生气?

Hank: You...you already bought it? 你……你已经买了?

Fiona: Well, I signed most of the papers. You just need to sign, and then we're set. 嗯,我签了大部分的文件。你只需要签个名,就大功告成了。

Hank: Is it at least cheaper than what we're paying now? 至少保费有比我们现在缴的便宜吧?

Fiona: It's thirty thousand more. But most is for this thing we don't need to pay much longer and...oh, we need to pay the first year's amount next month... 多了三万元。但大部分不久后就不需要再缴了,还有……对了,下个月我们得先付第一年的保费……

Hank: [To self] Someone just shoot me now. (对自己)谁现在干脆毙了我吧。

Javier: Welcome to L.A.! It's nice to finally meet you in person! 欢迎来到洛杉矶!真高兴终于见到妳本人!

Mei: Thanks! It's great to be here, but wow, I didn't expect to see so many Mexicans. 谢谢!能来这儿真好,可是,哇,我没想到会看到这么多墨西哥人。

Javier: You thought I was the only one? Well, they're not all Mexicans. And actually, one in every four people in California is Hispanic. 妳以为只有我是墨西哥人吗?其实,他们并非全都是墨西哥人。事实上,在加州每四个人就有一个人是拉丁裔。

Mei: What's that? It looks like a parade! 那是什么?看起来像是庆祝游行!

Javier: You just happened to be here for the kick-off of National Hispanic Heritage Month--September fifteenth. 妳正好碰上国家拉丁裔文化月的开幕仪式——九月十五日。

Mei: Wow! Look at all those colors! 哇!看看那些缤纷色彩!

Javier:And the festivities also mark the independence days of many Hispanic countries. 这些庆祝活动也纪念许多拉丁美洲国家独立的日子。

Mei: Which ones? 有哪些国家?

Javier: Well, today--Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. 嗯,今天是——哥斯达黎加、萨尔瓦多、危地马拉、宏都拉斯跟尼加拉瓜。

Mei: And Mexico's is when? 那墨西哥是什么时候?

Javier: On the sixteenth. 十六日。

Mei: Cool. My timing is just right! 酷。我来得正是时候!