纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 8 课: What are you saying? 你在说什么?

Todd: Ahmm...Ahmm... 嗯……啊……

Steve: What are you saying? 你在说什么?

Todd: I'm repeating my power mantra. It helps me relax. 我在覆诵我的神力咒文。这可以帮助我放松。

Steve: You'll do anything for a peak performance, won't you? 你为了能有巅峰的表现,还真是无所不用其极,是吧?

Todd: Just imagine being at the opening ceremonies, watching them bring in the torch... 只要想象着置身开幕典礼,看着他们手拿圣火……

Steve: We're going to be there, bro! 我们得过去了,兄弟!

Todd: I can't believe it. I only made it for 3 minutes and 12 seconds. 我不能相信。我只做了三分十二秒。

Steve: I wasn't much better. I barely broke 4 minutes. 我也好不到哪里去。我差一点就破不了四分钟。

Todd: I just wasn't on today. 只怪今天我的动力没有全开。

Steve: I don't think I had my shoes laced tight enough. 我也觉得自己的鞋带绑得不够紧。

Todd: Do you think we warmed up too long? 你觉得我们暖身暖太久了吗?

Steve: Maybe we spent too much time in the steam room. 或许我们在蒸汽室耗太久了。

Todd: You know, we just need a good coach. 你知道吗,我们只需要一个好教练。

Steve: Someone who can design individualized training programs for us. 一个可以帮我们量身定做训练课程的人。

Todd: And some more of that caterpillar fungus would help. 再多来点冬虫夏草就会有帮助了。

Steve: I'm beat. 我累瘫了。

Todd: Let's get some pizza and some beer. 我们去吃比萨喝啤酒吧。

Steve: We deserve it. 我们当吃无愧。