纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 80 课: Am I closer? 我逐渐接近了吗?

Javier: Your turn! Close your eyes! [blindfolds Mei] 换你了!把眼睛蒙起来!(蒙住小美)

Mei: Oh my gosh! I can't see anything! And everyone's yelling at once. 我的天啊!我看不见了!大家都一起在乱叫。

Javier: Be careful who you listen to. Some people will try to trick you. 小心判断你在听谁的。有些人会骗你。

Mei: Am I closer? 我逐渐接近了吗?

Javier: Yes...a little to the right...now swing! 没错……右边一点……现在挥!

Mei: Arguhhh! 啊!

Javier: Ouch! I said walk to the right, not swing to the right! 唉唷!我是说向右走,不是往右挥!

Mei: Oh, sorry...let me have another chance! 喔,抱歉……再让我试一次!

Yi-jun: Cath and Rich are getting hitched in a couple of weeks, hunh? 卡西跟李奇再过几个星期就要结为连理了,对吧?

Holly: [Laughing] Yes, Yi-jun. Did Taylor teach you that expression? (笑)对啊,怡君。那个说法是泰勒教你的吗?

Yi-jun: That, and “marriage is the death of romance.” 除了那句,还有‘婚姻是浪漫爱情的终结者。’

Holly: Hah, sounds like you, Taylor. [to Yi-jun] Anyway, figured out your gift yet? 哈,听起来很像你会说的话,泰勒。(对着怡君)那么,想到你要送的礼物没?

Yi-jun: Oh sure. We always give red envelopes with money inside. 喔,当然。我们都会送里面装钱的红包。

Holly: Uh...cash, hunh? That might not be such a good idea. 嗯……现金吗?那也许不是个好主意。