纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 84 课: Or get her drunk 或是把她灌醉

Yi-jun: We'll have to do karaoke or something at the bachelorette party to relax her. 在告别单身派对的时候,我们得唱个卡拉OK或是来点什么,让她放松一下。

Holly: Or get her drunk, hah! 或是把她灌醉,哈!

Yi-jun: Ooh, is that a good idea right before the wedding? 喔,婚礼前那样做是个好主意吗?

Holly: Not really, but I bet the boys will be doing it to Rich. 不太好,但是我敢说男生那边一定会那样对李奇。

Yi-jun: Then he'll be totally hung over at the wedding! 那他在婚礼上铁定会宿醉!

Holly: He probably won't let things get that out of hand. 他应该会有分寸的。

Holly: [Yell out] Come in! (大喊)进来!

Taylor: If I come in, you have to promise not to laugh. [opens the door wearing a tux] 要是我进来,你们得答应不笑我。(穿着礼服开门)

Holly: [Laughing] Oh, Taylor, what happened! (笑)喔,泰勒,发生什么事了!

Taylor: The tux I rented wasn't returned on time. This was all they had. I think it's for a twelve-year old. 我租的礼服没有准时归还。这是他们仅剩的一套。我想这是给十二岁小孩穿的。

Holly: Maybe a short one. The wedding's tomorrow. What are you going to do? 还是个矮个儿的。明天就是婚礼了。你要怎么办?

Taylor: I think my life is jinxed. C'mon, guys! Think of something to help me! 我想我被诅咒了。拜托!想法子帮帮我吧!