纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 87 课: But his mouth isn't big enough. 可是它的嘴不够大

Susie: But why do we put all that green stuff in the tank? 可是为什么我们要摆这些绿绿的东西在鱼缸里?

Mr. Fu: Do you remember what that green stuff in the pond was? 你记得池塘里绿绿的东西是什么吗?

Susie: Yes, algae. So maybe they eat the green stuff? 记得,水藻。所以,也许它们会吃那些绿绿的东西?

Mr. Fu: That's right! Now get your notebooks out and write down your observations. 没错!现在拿出你们的笔记本,写下你们的观察纪录吧。

Susie: My tadpole is only an inch long! 我的蝌蚪只有一吋长!

Mr. Fu: Good observation. And his size will change as he grows. 观察得不错。而且它的尺寸会随着发育而变化。

Susie: I brought some fish food to give him! 我带了些鱼饲料来喂它!

Mr. Fu: No, Susie. Let's not give him that. Tadpoles like lettuce. 不行,苏西。我们别喂它吃那个。蝌蚪喜欢莴苣。

Susie: But his mouth isn't big enough. 可是它的嘴不够大。

Mr. Fu: Why don't you help think of a way that he can eat it? 你何不帮忙想个办法,让它吃下去呢?

Susie: Well, we can cut it up into small pieces. 嗯,我们可以把莴苣切成碎片。

Mr. Fu: Good. What if we freeze it first and then grind it! 很好。那要是我们先将莴苣冷冻,然后再绞碎呢!

Susie: That's good, too! 那样也很好!

Mr. Fu: This lettuce is already made up. Would you like to feed him? 这个莴苣已经处理好了。你要喂它吗?

Susie: Yes! 要!