纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 88 课: Is that story real? 那个故事是真的吗?

Susie: Daddy! You won't believe what Gordon did! 爹地!你一定不信戈登干的好事!

Dad: Is he the one who tried to cut off your pigtails? 他就是曾经想要剪掉你辫子的那个人吗?

Susie: Yes! He fed his tadpole to his cat! Sick! 对!他把他的蝌蚪拿去喂他的猫!恶心!

Dad: Poor tadpole. Now it will never turn into a frog. Or a prince... 可怜的蝌蚪。现在它永远变不成青蛙。或是变成一位王子了……

Susie: Is that story real? The princess kisses a frog! Gross! 那个故事是真的吗?公主吻青蛙!恶烂!

Dad: Yes...and yours might just be your future prince! 是真的……你那只蝌蚪搞不好就是你未来的王子!

Susie: Yuck! Guess what? He's grown a fourth of an inch so far! 恶烂!你知道吗?它到现在为止已经长大四分之一吋了!

Dad: That's because you're taking such good care of him. I'm proud of you. 那是因为你把它照顾得很好。我以你为荣。

Susie: But I accidentally touched him today. Gross! He's all slimy! 不过我今天不小心碰到它。恶心!它好黏喔!

Dad: Your mom and I had to change your stinky diapers when you were younger. Sometimes you even left a trail of turds wherever you went. 你小的时候,你妈跟我还得要帮你换臭尿布咧。甚至有时候你便便的痕迹,还跟着你到处走咧。

Susie: Oh, sick. Sorry, Dad... 喔,恶心。抱歉,爹地……

Dad: Hey, didn't you name your tadpole? Mommy and I had your name picked out before you were born. 嘿,你没帮你的蝌蚪取名字吗?妈咪跟我在你出生前,就取好你的名字了。

Susie: Yep. I call him Tad, the tadpole! 有。我叫它蝌蚪泰德!