纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 104 课: You're missing the point, Howard. 你没搞清楚重点

Howard: I will go to bed earlier tomorrow night. I promise! There's nothing good on TV tomorrow. 我明天晚上会早点睡。我保证!明天电视没什么好看的。

Dad: You're missing the point, Howard. 霍华,你没搞清楚重点。

Howard: Yes, “Go to bed earlier.” I know the point. You're right. Tomorrow I'll go to bed at nine. OK. 我知道,‘早点睡觉。’我知道重点。你说得对。我明天会九点上床。可以了吧?

Dad: Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Parents set the rules. Not the kids. 抱歉,那不是我们家的规矩。订规则的是爸妈。不是孩子。

Howard: So I can never stay up past ten on a weeknight now? 所以从现在起,星期一到星期五我再也不能超过十点才睡?

Dad: For now, no, you can't. 目前为止不行,你不能超过十点睡。

Seth: Howard, you should listen to mom and dad! 霍华,你应该听爸妈的话!

Howard: What do little kids know about parents? 小孩子哪会了解爸妈?

Seth: Well, mom buys me toys when I listen to her. 嗯,我听妈妈的话,她就买玩具给我。

Howard: So what? I'm getting too old for toys anyway. 所以咧?反正我已经大到不玩玩具了。

Seth: And I can stay up later on the weekends. It's so fun! 而且我周末可以比较晚睡。那样好好玩!

Howard: Oh, yeah. How late can you stay up? 是喔。你可以多晚睡?

Seth: Sometimes mom lets me stay up until I fall asleep on the sofa! 妈妈有时候让我熬到在沙发上睡着!

Howard: Really? 真的吗?