纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 107 课: I know I could behave better. 我知道我可以表现得更好

Howard: Seth has all the luck. 赛司真好命。

Mom: Seth also listens to his parents when they ask him to do something. 爸妈要求他做一些事情的时候,赛司也会听话。

Howard: I know I could behave better. 我知道我可以表现得更好。

Mom: You should be setting a good example for him, not vice-versa! You're the oldest. 你应该做好榜样给他看,不是反过来!你是老大。

Howard: Yeah, that is silly of me. 是啊,我真呆。

Mom: I did get you a little gift though. It's not glamorous, but it will help you
sleep. 但我还是有买一个小礼物给你。不是什么了不起的东西,但能让你睡得更好。

Howard: Really? Let's see! [opens the gift] Pajamas? Oh, Mom! That's not funny! 真的吗?让我看看!(打开礼物)睡衣?喔,妈!一点都不好笑!

Linger: Hey, bro, let's watch a political debate on TV. 嘿,老弟,我们来看电视上的政治辩论。

Aduh: I'm playing video games, sis. 我在玩电动耶,老姊。

Linger: But the presidential election is coming up. 但是总统大选就快到了。

Aduh: I don't care about any stupid election. 我才不管什么无聊选举。

Linger: How can you say that? This is important for our future. 你怎么那样说?这对我们的未来很重要耶。

Aduh: I'm worried about the present. And I just got to the 12th level. 我担心的是现在。而且我刚打到第十二关。

Linger: But it's important to exercise your rights in a democracy. Otherwise you'll lose them. 但是在民主国家行使你的权利很重要。否则你就会丧失它们了。