纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 110 课: Why are you protesting? 你为什么抗议呢?

Linger: Amanda! You were supposed to convince Aduh to vote. 亚曼达!你本该要说服阿德去投票的。

Amanda: I can't help it if U.S. democracy is flawed. 我爱莫能助,美国民主也是缺点多多。

Linger: So you don't vote, either?那么你也不投票啰?

Amanda: No. What's the use? I don't like either the Democrats or the Republicans. 对。有什么用呢?我既不喜欢民主党人也不喜欢共和党人。

Linger: Then something has to be done to fix the Democracy. 那么一定要做些事来修正民主制度。

Amanda: If you can think of something, I'll listen. Otherwise, I don't see the point. 如果你能想到什么,我会听。否则,我看不出有何意义。

Linger: Oh, brother. I've failed twice. Now my brother and my best friend agree with each other. 噢,天啊。我失败了两次。现在我弟和我最好的朋友意见相同。

Zinn: [Giving a speech to a group of protesters] We have to stop the government from building these garbage incinerators! (向一群抗议者演讲)我们一定要阻止政府盖这些垃圾焚化炉。

Linger: Hi. My name's Linger. Why are you protesting? 嗨,我叫玲儿。你为什么抗议呢?

Zinn: Because that's the only way to get people to listen. 因为这是唯一使人们聆听的方法。

Linger: [To self] I should get you to talk to my brother and Amanda. (对自己)我应该让你去跟我弟和亚曼达谈谈。

Zinn: These trash incinerators are bad for the environment and our health. 这些垃圾焚化炉对我们的环境和健康都会造成不良影响。

Linger: [Grabs Zinn by the arm] Quick! You're coming with me! (抓住辛的手臂)快!你跟我来!

Zinn: Whoa! Where are we going? I need to protest. 哇噢!我们要去哪里啊?我还要抗议呢。