纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 111 课: Can he solve this problem? 他可以解决这个问题吗?

Aduh: Linger, did you hear? The school's tripling internet prices! 玲儿,你听到消息了吗?学校要把网络费增至三倍!

Linger: Wow. And that comes right after increasing tuition costs. 哇。学费调涨之后马上就调这个。

Aduh: I know, what should I do? If I get a job, I won't have time to study. 我知道,我该怎么办?如果去打工,我就没有时间念书了。

Linger: Let's worry about that later. First, I want you to meet someone. 我们等一下再来操心那个好了。我要你们先见见一个人。

Aduh: Can he solve this problem? 他可以解决这个问题吗?

Linger: Maybe. This is Zinn. He has something to tell you about politics. Amanda, you should listen, too. 也许吧。这位是辛。他要告诉你有关政治的事。亚曼达,你也该听听看。

Aduh: OK. But make it quick. I have to go to the internet cafe. 好。但是要快。我还得去网咖。

Linger: Wow. I can't believe I'm helping Aduh make protest signs. 哇,我不敢相信我在帮阿德做抗议标语。

Amanda: Especially for a protest that he's leading. 尤其这个抗议还是由他领导的。

Linger: I knew I'd think of some way to get him involved in political action. 我就知道总会想出办法让他参与政治活动。

Amanda: Yeah. But is he going to vote in the presidential election? 是啊。但他会在总统大选时投票吗?

Linger: Oh, that's no problem. I told him I'd only help him make signs if he promised to vote. 噢,没问题的啦。我告诉他如果他答应去投票我才要帮他做标语。

Amanda: Wow. You know, seeing the way you care about politics has really inspired me to vote for the U.S. president in November. 哇,你知道吗,看到你如此关心政治,真的让我很想在十一月的美国总统选举时投下一票。