纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 13 课: I cursed. 我骂脏话

Yu-ling: Have either of you ever been controlled by a ghost? 你们有人被鬼控制过吗?

Vlad: No. Have you? 没。你有吗?

Yu-ling: Yes. One time in a Malaysian hotel. 有。有一次在马来西亚的饭店。

Vlad: What did the ghost make you do? 那个鬼让你做了什么事?

Yu-ling: It wouldn't let me get out of bed. 他不让我下床。

Vlad: [Joking] That doesn't sound so bad. (开玩笑)那听起来挺不赖的嘛。

Yu-ling: It was terrible. I couldn't move my entire body. My legs felt like lead, and my head felt like it was strapped to the bed. I couldn't move. 糟透了。我全身都动不了。我的脚重如铅块,而我的头感觉像被扣在床上。我全身动弹不得。

Tanner: So what did you do? 那你怎么办?

Yu-ling: I recited the Buddhist Sutras. 我就诵念佛经。

Tanner: What are those? 那是什么?

Yu-ling: They're prayers for ghosts. They go like this, “A mi tuo fuo”. 是对付鬼的咒文。它们是这样念‘阿弥陀佛’。

Tanner: Did the ghost let you go? 那鬼有放开你吗?

Yu-ling: No. I still couldn't get up. 没有。我还是不能起床。

Tanner: Obviously something worked, because you're here now. 显然有什么东西管用,因为你现在在这里。

Yu-ling: I cursed. 我骂脏话。

Tanner: You? Say bad words? I wouldn't think you were the type. 你?骂脏话?我不觉得你是那一型的。

Yu-ling: Really! And it finally let me go. 真的!而且它终于放开我了。