纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 14 课: What might that be? 会是什么事?

Tanner: That's about as scary as something that happened to me. 那跟发生在我身上的一件事几乎一样可怕。

Vlad: What might that be? 会是什么事?

Tanner: I was driving alone in the middle of the night. 我有天半夜独自开车。

Vlad: And you fell asleep at the wheel. 然后你开车开到睡着。

Tanner: No. I looked into the mirror and saw an eye looking at me. 没有。我看着照后镜时,看到有只眼睛看着我。

Vlad: You sure it wasn't your own? 你确定不是你自己的吗?

Tanner: It was brown. My eyes are blue. 它是棕色的。我的眼睛是蓝色的。

Vlad: Are you sure you were alone? 你确定你是一个人吗?

Tanner: Absolutely. There wasn't anybody in the back. 当然。没有人在后座。

Yu-ling: Something like that happened to my brother. 像那样的事情也曾发生在我弟弟身上。

Vlad: Let me guess. He saw the other eye. 让我猜一猜。他看到另外一只眼睛。

Yu-ling: Very funny! He drove by a graveyard on Hsin-hai Road in Taipei. 不好笑!他开车经过台北辛亥路上的一堆坟墓。

Vlad: And a ghost hitched a ride in his car? 然后有鬼搭他的便车?

Yu-ling: He entered a tunnel that usually takes a couple minutes to drive. This time, he drove for a half hour and didn't come out. 他进入辛亥路上的一座隧道,这隧道通常开几分钟就通过了。这一回,他开了半小时都出不来。

Vlad: He must have recited the Sutras. 他一定也念了佛经。

Yu-ling: He did! And it worked! He finally made it out of the tunnel. 的确!而且有用!他终于出了隧道。